Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Battle

I played my first game of 40k since about 1992 this past Wednesday night at the Los Angeles battle bunker. We picked one of the great tables that they have there that depicts an Ork camp I guess you would call it. Tons of cut up bits and sprue in piles around the board.

We chose the three player scenario in the back of the 5th ed rule book, "Broken Alliance".




















My Chaplain faces off against a Farseer at the center of the board.

It turned out Space Marine vs. Space Marine vs Eldar in a 550pt battle.




















Slorak's Son's of Dorn defend the plant from Wall-E from my Dreadnought.

The game ended in a draw as my scouts captured the center cap point, but left my home base unguarded. All in all, I had a lot of fun relearning the rules (Im not sure I ever even knew them anyway) and navigating the ton of dangerous terrain on the Ork board.

The postman brought some presents yesterday as well:




















A games day captain from ebay, and my Forgeworld order of weathering powders and Imperial Fist Land Raider doors.




















I am excited for these and hopefully I will have a review up once I figure out how to properly use them!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your review of those weathering powders. How do you going to apply them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get to play much either so I always enjoy getting my guys on a table and seeing them all arrayed out.

    ReplyDelete